“League Digest” is a new addition to the Smoke Signals podcast network where Jake Dungan and Jamie Dillon discuss the latest news and notes from the world of Major League Baseball.
With April nearly in the books, there are a lot of headlines and surprise performances, either good or bad, to start the 2017 campaign. In addition to reviewing the top headlines from this week in the world of baseball, Jake and Jamie look back on the first month of the season and zero in on some of those unexpected storylines to identify which are the product of luck and which are worth keeping an eye on as the season continues.
- Bush/Jeter-led group reportedly wins bid to buy Marlins.
- Trouble in Queens: Yoenis Cespedes placed on DL with hamstring injury; Matt Harvey struggles in start on short rest, claims he “wasn’t physically prepared to start”.
- Shelby Miller diagnosed with UCL tear. Currently mulling options, including undergoing Tommy John surgery.
- Should the Angels consider trading Mike Trout to jumpstart a major rebuild?
- Eric Thames quote after third drug test: “I have plenty of blood and urine.”
– Buy or Sell?
– Trivia question.
– This week in baseball history.
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes and feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @jdillon330.Thanks again for listening!